Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 17, 2011

new tastes

When we were home for vacation, Zoe had her very first taste of rice cereal. She pretty much liked it right off the bat and has been eating it ever since.

Just this week, I decided to give her the first "solid" food besdies the rice cereal. This decision came after a couple weeks of Zoe paying very close attention every time we would eat. She started reaching for our food and moving her tongue like she was hungry...and we have never fed her anything from our plates. So we figured it was time.

After shopping in Dar and seeing that jars of baby food would cost between two and three dollars (for the little tiny jars), I decided it would be best to make all her baby food myself. It wouldn't be too hard...we have tons of fresh fruits and veggies and a blender. I guess that's pretty much all you need. I researched online and asked some friends who made their own baby food and decided to start with avocados. It was super easy...I didn't even need a blender, just a fork. I mashed up the avocado and gave it to her. She was a little thrown off at first because she was expecting the rice cereal, but after a few bites she was pretty happy with it. Here she is after eating some avacados...

No comments:

Post a Comment